I found a spot on my scrotum, could it be a STD?

I am a 26 year old male. I recently found this spot on my scrotum that is skin colored and raised. It's kind of round. There's a hair sticking through it and I did shave my pubes about three weeks ago. No pain or itchiness and its not seeping anything out of it, it just looks scary to me. I have had unprotected sex with women.
Of course no one can tell you what the spot is without actually examining it, so it is important for you to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Generally speaking, I will say that it does not sound like a sexually transmitted infection. It sounds to me like it could be an ingrown hair or it is a simple skin tag. Generally the kinds of warts that are caused by sexy transmitted infections do not contain a hair. The only type of sexually transmitted infection that I can think of that this could be is genital warts. Gentle warts are caused by a virus HPV. The virus gets into the skin and causes the warts develop. These warts are diagnosed by examination by physician. Treatment for this kind of a infection, includes either the use of the cream or cryogenic therapy. This does not sound like herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, or syphilis. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. If you haven't had unprotected sex recently with more than one partner it might be a good idea for you to be tested for other sexually transmitted infections that may or may not be symptomatic. Everybody should be tested at least once in their life or HIV. In addition, you can get some counseling on how to practice safe sex techniques.

• Dr. Howard Shapiro
    Dr. Howard Shapiro DO
    14 E 60th St
    New York, NY 10022
  • Dr. Norman Smith
    Dr. Norman Smith MD, FACP
    2905 Mitchellville Rd
    Bowie, MD 20716
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021