hi i have a REALLY sore throat, what is wrong with me?

its inbetween my collar bones in my throat..iv cargled warm water with salt, sucking on "soothers", had commomile tea with honey, and had one 50mg tramodol, but nothing seems to help..its painful wen i cough is dry, but at a minimal. and i can also taste flem,,but i dont have a runny, blocked nose or anything might be helpfull to know that when i w as 19 i found a polyp in my voice box, i am now 24 and havent had it check up on since..
Thank you for your question, and that last little bit of information could certainly be quite a helpful piece of information. I would advise you to speak with an otolaryngology-head and neck surgeon (AKA ENT AKA ear nose and throat surgeon) in the very near future given your past medical history and the fact that you have not been followed up on for so long. While it is possible that a simple sore throat from a virus or a bacteria could explain your symptoms, there are some concerning symptoms that you describe in your question, such as not having other common symptoms of a viral illness but still having increased mucous in your throat. There are many things that can need treatment, some of which are acute and others of which will need further evaluation. At the very least, it is likely that the polyp that you describe may need additional follow up and perhaps evaluation by an ENT to make sure that it is stable in size and behavior. While it is rare for normal polyps in young people to behave in an aggressive fashion, it is important for you to confirm that this is not the case. Please speak with your doctor.