What does it mean when the right side of my face hurts?

About two days ago my teeth were loose due to clinching my jaw really hard, but this morning when I woke up I have a throbbing headache but only on my right side. Now I cannot even open my mouth fully without my right jaw having a sharp pain, I cannot even chew without the throbbing going to my jaw. Just everything on the right side of my face hurts, even my ear! Help?
Please see a doctor soon! What you are describing could have several different explanations, but at least some of your symptoms are concerning for a severe tooth infection. The fact that you have had loose teeth over the last few days could indicate that some of your teeth are suffering from decay that needs to be treated. Once that decay allows the bacteria from your mouth to get into the tooth or the bones and muscles near the mouth, it can require more aggressive treatment. This is especially true if you have other medical conditions such as diabetes that can predispose you to more severe infections. The fact that you are unable to open your mouth fully is known as trismus, and can be a sign that something is irritating some of the muscles surrounding your jaw. This can be a sign of something that needs to be treated urgently, and treatment should not be delayed. Please speak with your doctor to see what needs to be done next. Part of your treatment may require seeing a dentist as well, and you may need to have some teeth extracted. While the exact diagnosis isn't clear, please speak with your doctor quickly.

Nearby Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors

• Dr. John Gilmore
    Dr. John Gilmore MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    10740 N. Central Expressway
    Dallas, TX 75231
  • Dr. Anand Devaiah
    Dr. Anand Devaiah MD, FACS
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    830 Harrison Ave
    Boston, MA 02118
  • Dr. David Walden
    Dr. David Walden MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    320 Superior Ave
    Newport Beach, CA 92663