I am a teen and i keep getting headaches everyday. What could be wrong with me?

for the past week everytime I stand up I feel as though all the blood rushes to my head and I get a headache. I also have been receiving bad neck pain and a feeling of a achieness . I got my blood taken earlier this week and these symptoms have been happening ever since.
Thank you for this interesting question. I recommend that you discuss this with your doctor.There are many potential things that can cause headaches, although the presentation (meaning the way that your headaches come on) is somewhat different from the way that most headaches present. One of the most common causes of a headache is a migraine, which will often be associated with light sensitivity, nausea or vomiting, and inability to perform routine activities. A disposition for migraines is often familial, and there is often a prodrome, or some symptom that comes on before the actual migraine itself begins. In your situation, it appears that the headache is preceded by an action that would decrease blood flow to your brain (the act of standing up). Most people will compensate for the decrease in blood flow with a briefly increased heart rate and some contractions of various blood vessels to make sure that you don't black out when you stand. It could be that your body is having some autonomic dysregulation problems, based on the question that you have asked. Fortunately, there are many things that can be done, and your doctor will be able to help you know for sure what is happening. Please speak with your doctor.

Nearby Neurologists

Other Neurologists