Since Sunday when I blow my nose blood comes out in the mournings. What could be wrong with me?

On Sunday I was drinking and eating we'll watching football. When I came home, I was brushing my teeth and tongue and kind of gaged my self. Then I threw up because that and when I did that's when my nose was bleeding. It's been dry and windy out here where I live and has been for the last 3 weeks. So I've been having to blow my nose more often then normal because of the weather. But since Sunday every mourning Iv been blowing my nose and blood comes out. It looks red and darker red at first then it goes away after I blow 2-4 times in mourning. The rest of the day when blow it looks normal with no blood, just when I get up in the mournings is when the blood comes out. Dose anyone have an idea what it could be??
I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with nose bleeds for the past few days and it has you worried about what might be going on. I am happy to give you some of my initial thoughts about what might be going on, but ultimately I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to get evaluated by an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician. This is because they will be able to take more of a history, and examine you which I am not able to do. From the information that you have given me, it sounds like your nasal mucosa may be dry and have cracked (due to the dry environment you are in) which can make you predisposed to bleeds. When you threw up, the valsalva maneuver caused increased venous pressure in your head and could be what led to the initial bleed. Unless there is some reason for it not to (like being on blood thinners) the bleed should stop relatively quickly on its own. However, if there is repeated trauma (like blowing your nose) it may continue to bleed. Furthermore, if you are still in a dry environment, the nose will continue to dry out, crack and bleed. This could be worse at night because you are breathing completely through your nose drying it out more. These are just my guesses however, and an ENT will be able to look and see if this is in fact what is happening. Best of luck.

• Dr. Haitham Masri
    Dr. Haitham Masri MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    13530 Michigan Ave
    Dearborn, MI 48126
  • Dr. Matthew Dahl
    Dr. Matthew Dahl MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. John Bennett
    Dr. John Bennett MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102