l have pain in my lower right abdomen near my pelvis, what do you think it is?

I have had my gall bladder removed years ago. I have had urinary retention but that was taken care of. I had retrocele repair 1 1/2 weeks ago and the pain is worse. It is a constant aching pain. Any suggestions?
Given that you have recently had abdominal surgery and have a history of abdominal surgery in the past, it is important to speak with your surgeon and his or her office. There are many potential explanations, ranging all the way from normal things such as constipation to other things that could be more serious such as bowel adhesions. Your surgeon will likely ask if you are still having bowel movements and passing gas, as that is a very good sign that your abdomen is working appropriately. If you are not having either of these, then it is very important that you speak with your doctor as soon as possible or go immediately to the emergency department. Bowel obstruction can be a serious complication, and can occur in some people who have a history of abdominal surgery, especially recent surgery. Speaking with your doctor will be able to help clarify many different things. In addition to what we have discussed already, your appendix is in the right lower quadrant of your abdomen, and obviously can become inflamed which is known as appendicitis. Speaking with your doctor is important, so please speak with your surgeon about this question as soon as possible.

Other Surgeons