ZocdocAnswersWhy do I almost every day have slight headaches?

Question

Why do I almost every day have slight headaches?

Almost every day I have slight headaches on and off all day but I have also been extreamly stressed out and this has been going on for about a month also I don't drink much water but that has never seemed to be a problem for me.

Answer

Headaches are common complaints. You should see a doctor. A doctor can obtain a thorough history, examine you, and order and interpret any necessary tests to determine why you have headaches and to treat you. There are many possible types of headaches. Some of the most common are tension headaches, migraines, and cluster headaches. Tension headaches can last for days, often affect both sides of the head, and are sometimes described as a tight band around the head. Migraine headaches on the other hand often affect one side, and are throbbing in nature. Migraine headaches sometimes run in families, and in some cases are associated with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. Cluster headaches are often one-sided and can be associated with tearing of the eyes. There are some other more serious causes of headaches, such as inflammatory disorders, or in some cases, conditions such as brain tumors or bleeds in or around the brain can cause headaches. In terms of drinking water, a doctor can evaluate whether or not you are consuming enough liquids. It is important to be evaluated by a doctor for your headache so that you can get a diagnosis. I strongly advice that you see a doctor. You could see your primary care doctor but could also see a neurologist.