I've been unable to sleep for two days so far, what could be wrong with me?

I want to sleep but my body is being weird. I'm tired but my body isn't letting me face and body tingling sweats blurred vision, burning up when trying to sleep, and i get like a heartburn kinda feeling too and my heart rate gets fast every time i start to fall asleep the past day or so.It lasts for a hour or more each time. I've been unable to sleep for two days so far.
That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or a physician specializing in sleep or psychiatry. It is difficult to ascertain the exact cause of your symptoms based upon the limited history you have provided as there is no information related to your age, gender, or comorbidities and this is important to elucidate the cause of your problem. It is also unclear if you have had any life events that have caused you to have increased stress in your life as this could be causing you anxiety which could be manifesting itself as some of your symptoms. Sweating, heart racing, difficulty sleeping and chest discomfort can all be signs of an anxiety attack or increased anxiety. These same symptoms could also be related to a heart condition depending on your age and your comorbidities and for this reason it is important that you are evaluated by a doctor so he or she can decide what the cause is and rule out some of the more serious issues that you could be having. In the meanwhile, consider decreasing caffeine intake, meditation to calm yourself, and exercising to decrease your stress levels.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Martin Glynn
    Dr. Martin Glynn MD
    1525 South Church Street
    Murfreesboro, TN 37130
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043