Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Why is premature ejaculation happening to me now?"

ZocdocAnswersWhy is premature ejaculation happening to me now?


Okay so I've never been like a 30+ minute man or anything but sometimes I was able to last longer than other times. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and just recently found out that she had been cheating on me with some guy she works with. Not for a long time but either way she was still doing it. And now every time I have sex with her it's easily under one minute. I seem to have control during oral but as soon as I penetrate its basically game over. Is there anything that I can take to get me back to where I was? Herbs or supplements or anything? Thank you


I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with premature ejaculation recently. Usually, premature ejaculation is not caused by any underlying medical problem. Rather, it tends to be related to psychological or social factors. Nonetheless, speaking with your primary care doctor is a good starting point. In your case, your story suggests some obvious psychosocial factors for recent sexual dysfunction, namely the stress of finding out about your partner's infidelity. This could certainly be underlying your recent problems with performance. Other factors that can influence sexual performance include fatigue (such as from stress at work or from not sleeping well), as well as many substances, especially alcohol intake. In addition to considering all of these factors, it would be worth making an appointment to talk with a counselor about what you are going through. They will be able to help you come up with approaches to reduce stress and work through your feelings. Your primary care doctor is also a good resource, especially if you do not have a counselor or therapist in mind. Most primary care doctors have good contacts with several, and they should be able to give you some good recommendations. Good luck, and I hope you can solve this problem soon.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.