ZocdocAnswersWhy my brain hurts?

Question

Why my brain hurts?

my back of head hurts soo much then i cant understand a thing like my mom sister brother and i cant control it but cry all the time i had this pain from 5 years i have visited a lot of doctors please help me

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that would best be answered by your primary care doctor or another medical care professional. Unfortunately, based upon the limited history provided, it is very difficult to ascertain the cause for why your head or brain is hurting. It is unclear what your age, gender, or other medical problems are, and so this is another reason why it is important that you see a primary care doctor as he or she will be able to evaluate your medical history and physical examination and best figure out what the cause of this pain is, and also how best to treat it. In general, there are several causes for severe headache, including migraines, tension headaches, more serious things like bleeding into the brain, and a variety of other causes that are beyond the scope of this discussion. Headaches are a very common complaint among patients but the bright side is that there are several treatment options that are very good, depending on what the cause of the headaches is. Once the cause has been elucidated, if there are treatments available for your headache, there is a very good chance that you might feel better. Regardless, you should see your primary care doctor.