What could bumps on lips be?

I had a white bump on my upper lip for sometime now that hasn't gone away. It has barely increased in size or anything. I also had one at the spot on my nose above where it is on my lip. I "popped" it today and it bled a lot and there were a lot of small white dots inside the larger one. Then when I pulled the skin of my upper lip a little more I noticed some smaller white dots under the surface of my skin almost. They looked like a lot of white heads. They also looked like what was coming out of the other one. I cleaned it out and this is the first time it has hurt.
Thanks for this interesting question. You seem to be describing some bumps on your lips that are also on your nose, and the bumps seem to look similar. This is noteworthy, because many conditions that affect your mucosa will not necessarily affect your skin, and vice versa. So it is important that you be evaluated by a doctor. The fact that you seem to have a condition that affects both the mucosa and the dermis suggests that this may be a certain type of problem. Infectious bumps are obviously quite common, and often come from viruses. Bacterial causes of infections of the face are often possible, and are more likely to occur in areas of previous trauma such as a pimple that gets infected. There are many other conditions, including auto-immune problems and others. Your description suggests that you will need to be seen by a doctor for more assistance. An ear nose and throat surgeon (AKA ENT AKA otolaryngology-head and neck surgeon) or a dermatologist would likely be best able to help you, although your primary care doctor may be able to recognize this as something simple with a physical examination and more questions about your symptoms and the presentation of these spots. Please speak with your doctor.

Nearby Dermatologists

• Dr. James Hu
    Dr. James Hu MD
    1229 Madison Street
    Seattle, WA 98104
  • Dr. Peter Jenkin
    Dr. Peter Jenkin MD, FAAD
    1730 Minor Ave.
    Seattle, WA 98101
  • Dr. Stanley Bunas
    Dr. Stanley Bunas MD
    1515 116th Avenue NE
    Bellevue, WA 98004