If std's like gonorrhea give a male discharge once, will it continue to happen?

I had unprotected sex 5 days ago and saw discharge or dried pre cum on my penis in the shower yesterday. I have had no uncomfortable or painful urination and haven't seen discharge since 18 hours ago.
In general, STDs such as gonorrhea or chlamydia cause ongoing inflammation of the genital tract, causing the symptoms you learn about of pain, abnormal penile discharge, and pain or burning when you urinate. It is important to speak with your doctor about this concern. These should persist while you are actively infected, so you would expect more than one episode of discharge. That being said, every person is different any every infection is different, so if you have any kind of abnormal discharge in the context of having unprotected sex that could mean that you have an infection. Having only minimal symptoms does not mean that you are not infected. Given that you had a recent episode of unprotected sex the best course of action is to go see your doctor and get tested for STDs. This can be done very easily with a urine test and does not require any swabbing. If you develop fevers, chills or pain in your sides or back I would go in even sooner. In general, as you know you should always use protection when you have sex - while bacterial infections can be treated, there are growing rates of resistance in the community, and viral infections such as HIV, genital warts, and herpes can not be eradicated with drugs and will remain with you your entire life. If you have any questions about this, it is also a good topic to discuss with your doctor, who will be happy to give you any further information you need.

• Dr. Halina Stec
    Dr. Halina Stec MD
    332 E. 30th Street
    New York, NY 10016
  • Dr. Ahmadur Rahman
    Dr. Ahmadur Rahman MD
    160 3rd Avenue
    New York, NY 10003
  • Dr. Bruce Chung
    Dr. Bruce Chung MD
    160 East 32nd Street
    New York, NY 10016

• Dr. Robert Domaleski
    Dr. Robert Domaleski MD
    8200 E. Belleview Avenue
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Martin Molina
    Dr. Martin Molina MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217