ZocdocAnswersWhen i pee it stings and white/yellow discharge comes out. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?

Question

When i pee it stings and white/yellow discharge comes out. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?

I have NEVER been sexually active and this started in the last two days.

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor. Because your description does not include a lot of information, such as whether you are a female or male, how old you are, and whether you have any other associated medical problems, it is difficult to answer your question specifically other than to say that you should be evaluated by a primary care doctor as soon as possible as this may get worse if not treated. Most likely, burning while urinating and discharge are associated with sexually transmitted diseases and urinary tract infections. If you have not been sexually active, then it is more likely that you have a urinary tract infection. This is usually easily treated with a short course of antibiotics. When you see your doctor, let him or her know if you have any associated issues such as flank pain, fevers, chills, or bloody urine because this may be a sign of something more serious and may require longer courses of antibiotics. Females have urinary tract infections more commonly than men, and if you are a male, then you should be seen to rule out any other genito-pelvic issues that may have caused you to have this urinary tract infection.