Does drinking milk treat the effects of inhaling plastic dust and fumes?
I work in factory were we produce bags and suit cases, the processes involve crushing, grinding and melting of plastic materials which produce dust and fumes.
No, this will not effectively treat the effects of inhaling toxic or potentially toxic chemicals. I recommend that you discuss this issue with your doctor. There are many different things that can be done to help, but probably the most important thing is to prevent inhalation through a safe work environment and proper gear. This may include wearing a mask and other protective apparel. Drinking milk will not negate the effects of toxic ingestion, and so you need to do what you can to prevent this ingestion or inhalation in the first place. In the United States, there are strict regulations that govern the workplace, and most employees have someone that they can appeal to either at their work site or in the government regulatory offices. This appeal would help to make sure that the work environment is safe. If you have any concerns about the safety of your office or job site, please make sure that you are safe in what you do, and please discuss this question with your doctor. He or she is likely to be able to have more direct insight by talking to your and gathering more information. Again, please speak with your doctor about this question, and attempt to reduce your exposure to environmental toxins.
This answer is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.