Pansinusitis/spitting blood while trying to clear my throat. What should I do?

I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed with pan sinusitis a year ago. it didn't go off yet. I took chest xray about 4-5 months ago which came out normal. Recently I had a flight trip and while landing I got severe facial pain. Next day I went to doctor, he told that the sinus is aggravated. Later next day I spitted chocolate colored sticky particle when trying to clear my throat. Then the past two days iam spitting blood whenever I try to clear my throat through nose!! Please help me with the issue !
Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with pansinusitis, and recently have been having some troubles after flying, and are dealing with nose bleeds. I recommend that you see an Ear Nose Throat physician (or ENT physician). First of all pansinusitis is a term that describes infection and inflammation in all of your sinuses. The adult has (paired right and left) frontal sinuses, ethmoid sinuses, maxillary sinuses, and sphenoid sinuses. the way to diagnose pansinusitis is through a sinus CT scan. Chronic rhinosinusitis is a disease process that affects many americans, and is characterized by chronic sinus inflammation and obstruction that leads to recurrent sinus infections. It is possible that you have a problems like this, the best place to go to get evaluated an a correct diagnosis is an Ear Nose Throat physician (or ENT physician). They will be able to take a thorough history and do a good exam. They may also order some follow-up testing (such as a CT scan) to confirm their diagnosis. If you do have chronic sinusitis, the mucosa or lining of the sinuses is typically inflamed, and if irritated further, it can bleed a small amount which is potentially what you are experiencing with these nose bleeds. I wish you the best of luck.

• Dr. Robert H. Woods
    Dr. Robert H. Woods MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    9767 North 91st Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85258
  • Dr. Rajendra Bhayani
    Dr. Rajendra Bhayani MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    1783 West 6th Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11223
  • Dr. Howard Baim
    Dr. Howard Baim MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    2532 N. Lincoln Ave
    Chicago, IL 60614