I started my period and I have bumps down there and it burns when I pee, What can I do with no insurance and a low-income situation?

I started my period and I have bumps down there and it burns when I pee. I also have all the usual symptoms of a period: Headaches, lower back and abdomen and pain everywhere. What can I do about the situation with no insurance and pretty much no money? Is there any meds I can take that I will be able to pay for?
You're in a tough situation, but if you're having new bumps and burning when you pee you do need to go see a doctor. A vulvar rash and burning with pee (called dysuria) can signify a urinary tract infection, a vaginal infection (BV, trichomonas, or candida/yeast infection), or even a sexually transmitted disease. To know whether you have any of these you need to have a doctor perform a physical exam (including a pelvic exam), and examine your urine. None of these tests should be very expensive and the treatment shouldn't be expensive either. A lot of cities will have free clinics where you could see a doctor for free; you could try looking online to see what resources are available where you live. Your menstrual symptoms (headache, cramps) can be treated with over-the-counter medicines like motrin, alleve or ibuprofen, but you do really need to see a doctor to make sure there is nothing else that is going on. If you develop fevers, shaking chills, nausea, vomiting, intense and persistent abdominal pain, increased vaginal discharge, or blood in your urine, you need to go to the emergency room to get checked out immediately.

• Dr. Howard Shapiro
    Dr. Howard Shapiro DO
    14 E 60th St
    New York, NY 10022
  • Dr. Norman Smith
    Dr. Norman Smith MD, FACP
    2905 Mitchellville Rd
    Bowie, MD 20716
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021