My nose is dry. Is it due to change in season (fall in east coast) or something else?

For about 4-5 days, my nose is very dry and phlegm is also present. I have had this issue present for the last 4-5 days and using the saline gel and sometime nasal spray when breathing becomes difficult during bed time. Have also been experiencing some fatigue. Is this due to season change or something else?
I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with a dry nose for the past 4-5 days and that you are having a difficult time breathing at night. Also, that you have been experiencing fatigue and it has you wondering if it is just the changing of the seasons or if there is something more worrisome going on. I am happy to give you some of my thoughts about what might be going on, as well as who you can go to get evaluated. You are correct that during the winter months the air is often dry which causes the nasal mucosa to dry out. Mucosa is the lining within the nose, akin to the skin on the outside of your body, with one large difference being that it doesn't create keratin like your skin which helps keep your skin from drying out. This means that in dry environments the mucosa can dry out and crack, which causes nose bleeds. The best way to combat this is with hydration. Saline sprays and gels like you are using can be helpful, but at night one of the best things to do is put a humidifier next to your bed. If you aren't sleeping well secondary to the nasal obstruction, then it would also explain your fatigue. Nonetheless I would recommend that you get evaluated by an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician to make sure that your nasal exam is normal, and they may give you some other techniques or advice about your symptoms.

Nearby Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors