What is this bump on my nose?

I have this bump on the nose wing. It is a bump which is skin-colored. However, it did not disappear after so many days. This is my second time having this at the same spot on my nose. The first time I tried to pinch it, and just the blood came out. Then it flattened. But now, it reappears again and no matter how I pinch, it doesn't give me the result as the first one. It becomes red now since I pinch it hard. I just want to remove it as soon as possible. Can I know what this really is? Is it a pimple? And how can I remove it? Please help.. Thanks.
I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with a bump on your nose that was present before, went away, then has returned. I can imagine how this has you worried and you want to figure out what it is. I hope that I can give you some information that will be helpful, and ultimately steer you in the right direction to help get you an answer. First of all, since I can't examine you or take a history, I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to be seen by another physician. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician, or a dermatologist would be a good place to start. They should be equipped to examine you, help figure out what the problem is, then discuss treatment options with you. I suspect that when you are talking about your 'nose wing' you are referring to the ala of your nose. This is the lateral soft part of your nostril. Your nose is covered by sebaceous skin (meaning that it has sweat glands). It is definitely possibly that one of these sweat glands is repeatedly becoming clogged and backing up to cause a swelling. It is also possible that you are developing a dermal cyst, or epidermal inclusion cyst, and when you squeezed it really hard the first time it was present, it burst and has taken some time to come back. Of course since the skin of the nose is exposed to a lot of sunlight, it is possible that there is something more sinister going on (such as a skin cancer), which is all the more reason to get checked out by a physician. I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best.

• Dr. Pradeep Sinha
    Dr. Pradeep Sinha MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    5670 Peachtree Dunwoody
    Atlanta, GA 30342
  • Dr. Anand Devaiah
    Dr. Anand Devaiah MD, FACS
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    830 Harrison Ave
    Boston, MA 02118
  • Dr. David Walden
    Dr. David Walden MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    320 Superior Ave
    Newport Beach, CA 92663