I burned my finger today on the oven, should I be concerned?

Oven was on broil when I burn't my finger. It have turned a light brown with a white line lining the burn and redness surround that. Should I be concerned.
That is an excellent question. Because it is difficult to describe the burn over the internet, it is important that you are evaluated by a primary care doctor or dermatologist to be evaluated for deeper tissue damage. It is common to have some numbness in the region of the burn, and this may or may not improve with time. Depending on the size of the burn, it may be important that you are evaluated in an urgent care setting if a large area of your body is burnt, but if it is a small area that can be treated conservatively then it should be seen by your primary care physician. Although small burns are not uncommon, it is still important that you be careful when using ovens and stovetops because there is a danger that worse burns can occur and these can be very serious. Always be careful with stoves and ovens and make sure that they are turned off immediately after you are done with them. This is also concerning if there are small children around, or if you have diabetes as diabetics can have neuropathies that cause them to have decreased sensation and not feel burns as quickly.

Other Plastic Surgeons