I have runny and bloody stools. I also have sharp pains in right abdominal area. What's wrong with me?

I have had trouble passing bowels the last 2days. I finally was able to pass one buy it was bloody and ever since then I have had the constant urge to go with some diarrhea. I also having sharp pains in right abdominal area.
You have diarrhea with bloody stools. You also have right sided abdominal pain. You should make an appointment with a gastroenterologist. The possible causes of your symptoms could be an infection. It could also be peptic ulcer disease, inflammatory bowel disease, or malignancy. Salmonella, Shigella, and Campylobacter are some infections that can cause abdominal pain with bloody stools. If you traveled anywhere recently, or eaten food where others were sick, you should try to identify the source and report it to the FDA. Other potential causes of your symptoms could be from a peptic ulcer disease. Ulcers are form in the stomach or duodenum (part of the small intestines) and cause pain. It can also lead to bleeding which can be seen coming from the rectum. The stool is usually dark or maroon colored if the bleeding is from peptic ulcer disease. Inflammatory bowel disease comes in different categories: ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease. Since you have right sided abdominal pain, it is possible that you have crohn's disease. It is inflammation of the colon and can cause bleeding. Malignancy such as colon cancer can also cause some pain and bloody stools. Please make an appointment with a gastroenterologist. Your doctor will do lab tests and possibly a colonoscopy. If you have repeated episodes of bloody stools, you may want to go to the emergency room.

Other Gastroenterologists