ZocdocAnswersWhat could cause vaginal-urinary pain?

Question

What could cause vaginal-urinary pain?

I am only thirteen, but lately it's gotten harder and harder to urinate. I know I have to go but it'll only be a little and it'll hurt to try to force it out. Also my vagina has had this thick clear with a sometimes yellow tint mucous discharge. At first it was just my urinating then my vagina and now when i try to use the restroom and I wipe there will be a brown clotted blood looking substance with it. I've been quite depressed lately and my personal life is Upside down right now so could my feelings affect this? I also feel constipated. I am just a mess.

Answer

Thank you for your question concerning your urinary symptoms. I would encourage you to visit your primary care physician right away. It is difficult to diagnose what might be going on without being able to perform a physical exam and asking you additional questions about your medical history. One possibility is that you may have a urinary tract= infection. This would lead to pain with urination, often cloudy or smelly urine, feeling of pelvic fullness, incomplete urination, and the feeling that you have to urinate frequently. Females are quite prone to developing urinary tract infections and these can be treated quickly and effectively with a course of antibiotics. If you are sexually active, it is important to consider and be tested for sexually transmitted diseases. Chlamydia and gonorrhea are two diseases that can often have a variety of symptoms, ranging from none at all to pain with urination, pelvic pain, vaginal discharge. It may also be possible that you are having your first menstrual period (if you have not already) and there is nothing to be worried about. Finally, I am also concerned about your feelings of depression and "being a mess". It would be worthwhile to speak with a medical professional to help you to feel better not just physically, but also emotionally.