What could be causing my diarrhea?

I woke up today burping and smelling like rotten eggs. & I been having stomach ache real bad and diarrhea. But right now I just used the restroom again and I had diarrhea black and it's watery.. What is this ? What should I do ?
Thank you for your question, and I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. I would recommend that you be seen by your primary care doctor or in an urgent care clinic, but here are some general thoughts. It sounds like your symptoms started very recently, so this would be classified as acute diarrhea. This can be caused be many things, but the most common etiologies would be malabsorption, infection/toxins, or medication-related. If you have an association between a particular type of food and your symptoms, malabsorption could be the problem. Lactose intolerance can cause bloating and diarrhea, as can conditions such as celiac disease (gluten intolerance). These would generally cause chronic diarrhea unless you avoid those dietary triggers. If you have been around someone sick or have recently eaten uncooked poultry, seafood, raw meat, reheated fried rice, or other exotic foods, you may have an infectious/toxic cause of diarrhea. Most of these self-resolve, but warning signs would include severe abdominal pain, blood in the stool, vomiting, and fevers. Finally, if you have recently received antibiotics or are taking other new medications, these could be the cause of your symptoms. The general treatment of depends on the underlying cause, but usually a bland diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, etc.) and aggressive hydration with electrolytes (such as gatorade) are important. In any case, you should be further evaluated by a physician, especially if your symptoms are severe.

Other Urgent Care Specialists