How long does motion sickness last?

I think I have motion sickness and have been out of the object that caused it for several hours now and I am still feeling sick and still having symptoms, need to know if it is motion sickness or something else
Thank you for your question, and sorry to hear about your symptoms. The best thing to do is to discuss this with your doctor. The sensation of motion sickness is quite common and quite unpleasant. Unfortunately, the effects can persist beyond a few hours, although every person is different in how long it takes for the body to resolve. In general, the reason for motion sickness is a disconnect between the way that the body senses motion. There are multiple methods that the body uses to orient itself in space. Some of these include the eyes, the inner ear, and other sensors that exist in various parts of the body and send messages to the brain via nerves. Whenever there is a disagreement between these messages, it can cause nausea and other dysphorias that can persist until the brain is able to re orient appropriately. There are medications that can help in some cases as well. While some element of motion sickness can be normal for many people in some situations, it is always best to speak with your doctor if you have new, long lasting, or otherwise concerning symptoms. He or she may be able to help with medications of further testing. Please speak with your doctor about your question.