ZocdocAnswersSomeone bit my finger and now it is bleeding, is it a big problem?

Question

Someone bit my finger and now it is bleeding, is it a big problem?

now what i will do, any infaction

Answer

Cuts to the finger that bleed isn't usually a problem since doctors can simply put some sutures on the laceration and it should heal. In contrast, human bites are different, which is why you should see your doctor or go to the emergency room. It sounds like your wound was a deep human bite since it caused bleeding. The human mouth has many different bacteria. You should clean your finger and keep it dry at the moment. Keep it covered gauze. Do not attempt to close the wound in anyway right now. Depending on the size of the wound, you may want to go to the emergency room or make an appointment with your primary care doctor. If it is a deep wound with a flap, you should definitely go to the emergency room. Human bites, especially if they are deep, need specific antibiotics that cover the mouth flora such as Augmentin. Human and animal bite wounds are usually not sutured since it can trap the bacteria in the wound. At the moment, you can monitor for any signs of infection until you see a doctor. Signs that your wound is infected is if you see redness spreading at the site. Also, if there is purulent drainage at the site, it would be concerning for an infection. Please speak with your doctor