How long after surgery operation can I have sex?

Hi doctor, I'm 19 years old virgin girl. On 20 august I had surgery operation (appendicits). So, after how many months can I have safe anal sex? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for your question. After any surgery, your doctor will provide a list of dos and don'ts to make sure that you recover safely. So it is important to discuss your question with your surgeon. Most often, the recovery period will extend at least a couple of weeks to prevent bleeding that can sometimes come from too vigorous activity in the immediate post-op recovery period. Once that time and risk have passed, there are other considerations that are specific to the surgery. For example, after shoulder or leg surgery, your doctor would want you to do and avoid certain activities to spare too much strain on that body part before it has healed fully. In the same vein, after abdominal surgery there may be activities that your doctor would like you to avoid in order to make sure that the incision heals well and the tissues come together appropriately. Finally, there are some patient specific factors that your doctor will understand best. For example, if you have diabetes, smoke, or have other medical issues that could affect your healing, your doctor may recommend a more gradual return to full activity. Additionally, intraoperative concerns can temper your doctor's recommendations. As you can see, it's important to discuss this with your surgeon. Please talk to your doctor about this.

Nearby Surgeons

Other Surgeons