What could be causing my pelvic pains?

Woke up today with constant sharp shooting pains in vaginal and buttocks areas(lasted about 30 minutes).Vaginal tightness (contracted) however no blood in urine, abnormal discharge, abnormal odor, or rash. Also pain different than past cramping due to menstruation.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. In order to provide an accurate diagnosis for your pain, a doctor would need to collect a thorough medical history and also perform a detailed physical exam, including a pelvic exam. You may also need to undergo additional testing, such as a vaginal ultrasound or Pap smear. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. After collecting this information, the doctor can make recommendations on the best way to move forward. Pelvic pain has many potential causes. It is extremely important to rule out pregnancy, as this is one of the most common causes. Certain pregnancy complications, such as ectopic pregnancies, can cause severe pain and can be life threatening. Pelvic inflammatory disease is caused by infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea, and these can cause severe cervical inflammation. Uterine fibroids, which are benign tumors of the uterus, can cause pelvic pain and abnormal menstrual bleeding. Urinary tract and bladder infections can cause pelvic pain. In addition, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, such as hemorrhoids, can cause pain. I strongly encourage you to discuss these possibilities with a gynecologist. Only after collecting more information will it be possible to determine the cause of your symptoms.

Nearby OB-GYNs