Why do I get dizzy if i move my head too quickly?

if its not vertigo, what else could it be? its as if something is loose or moving around in my head as well as dizziness. i recently suffered a seizure, is this connected to that?
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with dizziness and that you recently had a seizure. There are many different causes for dizziness, and before I get into an explanation, I an definitely going to recommend that you make an appointment to get worked up by a physician. A neurologist, or an otolaryngologist (ENT aka ears nose throat doctor) is a good place to start. When thinking of what can be causing dizziness, in very general terms the causes can be divided into otologic (meaning that it is related to the vestibular system in your ear), peripheral (meaning that it is related to the pressure and position sensors within the nervous system of your limbs and core body), ophthalmologic (meaning related to your vision), or central processing (meaning neurologic or somewhere in your brain and central nervous system). A dysfunction in any one of these systems can cause dizziness and imbalance. Also left out of this very basic breakdown of dizziness is orthostatic hypotension (or blood pressure related dizziness). There are some different physical exam techniques that a specialist will be able to perform that can help delineate what is contributing to the dizziness (such as a Dix-Hallpike maneuver). The fact that you had a seizure recently makes me think that there may be a central etiology for your dizziness, but this is not definitively the case. I recommend that you start out by seeing a neurologist to get evaluated. I wish you the best of luck.

Other Neurologists