I have a nexplanon implant would it be safe to gain weight using maca?

Not pregnant just trying to gain weight
Thank you for this interesting question. In order to comment on the safety of this supplement, I need to know more than just your form of birth control. I would need to review your entire medical history and also perform a thorough physical exam. I would also need to review a list of all medications and supplements you use. Only after collecting this information would it be possible to make an accurate recommendation. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to see a primary care physician to discuss this further. Maca, or Lepidium meyenii, is a plant that is often sold as an over the counter health supplement. Supplements such as this are not regulated by the FDA in the same way as medications. They are not subjected to any trials studying their safety or efficacy. Studies have shown than many such supplements do not even contain the substances they claim to include. Furthermore, there have been many notable instances of supplements causing organ failure or death. Potential interactions between this substance and nexplanon as well as any of your other medications have not been studies, and it is not possible to rule out a potential deadly interaction. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to discuss this further with a primary care physician.