At time, I have a shortness of breath while slerping or with little exertion, what could be the problem with me?

I have been hospitalized with AFib and on medication for it and high blood pressure. Last week had an echocardiogram which came out ok.i also take an asthma pump with steroid occasionally. I am seeing a gastrologist next week and my primary on november 6. What more can i do.
Thank you for this interesting question, and I am sorry to hear about the issues you are struggling with. In order to accurately diagnose your symptoms, a doctor would need to collect a detailed medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. Additionally, you may require other medical tests. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist. After collecting this information, the doctor can make recommendations on how to move forward. Given your history of hypertension and atrial fibrillation, it is important to rule out cardiovascular causes of your symptoms. Congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction (heart attack), atrial fibrillation with a high heart rate, and uncontrolled hypertension can all explain your symptoms. To sort this out, in addition to a physical exam, you will likely need an EKG. Your doctor may also recommend a stress test, echocardiogram, coronary angiography, 24h blood pressure monitor, or continuous EKG monitor to further evaluate you. Depending on your lung exam, the doctor may suspect asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as a cause of your symptoms. You may require pulmonary function tests to evaluate this. Given the variety of potential causes, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist.

Nearby Cardiologists

Other Cardiologists