ZocdocAnswersI have a uncomfortable irregular pain in the lower right quadrant abdominal. What could be causing it?

Question

I have a uncomfortable irregular pain in the lower right quadrant abdominal. What could be causing it?

I have a uncomfortable irregular pain in the lower right quadrant abdominal. I did ultra sound, urine and blood test with no negative results. the pain increase when I think about it and when my stomach is empty. it reduces significantly when I eat or don't think about it. Please guide me to root cause?

Answer

I am sorry to hear about your persistent, troubling pain. If this is continuing to affect your life with no clear diagnosis based on your workup thus far, I recommend you schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist. After performing a thorough medical history and physical exam, they can help recommend any additional testing that may be necessary. Many different abnormalities can cause pain in the right lower quadrant. Your appendix is located here, and appendicitis often causes right lower quadrant pain. Constipation can cause pain in this area. In inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn's disease, can cause abdominal pain. Rarely, a gallstone could cause pain to radiate to the right lower quadrant. Although atypical, pancreatitis, or an inflammation of the pancreas, can cause pain to radiate to the right lower quadrant. Abnormalities of the bladder, kidney, or ureters (tube connecting the kidney and bladder), including kidney stones, can cause pain in this region. Arthritis or a torn labrum of your hip can cause pain that is sensed in the right lower quadrant. In some cases, shingles, or reactivation of a viral infection, can cause abdominal pain that may be mistaken for something inside the abdomen. I encourage you to raise these possibilities with a gastroenterologist.