What could be causing my headaches?

I had a horrible headache on Saturday afternoon. I was awakened from a nap with a throbbing head and it was so bad that I vomited quite a bit. After finally being able to keep some excedrin down, I felt some relief. However, since then I have had a constant dull headache. The pain is felt in neck, around my eyes and on the crown of my head. I'm wondering is this is possibly the aftermath of a bad migraine? Also, I got new glasses on last week and wasn't sure if this was related.
Headaches are a common symptom but it is also very vague. It could be caused by a number of things, so I recommend that you speak with your doctor. First, it could be a migraine. Migraines are headaches that occur regularly and cause cause throbbing headaches with the possibility of sensitivity to light and sound. It can have an aura, which is a warning before its onset, such as a flash of light. The other things to rule out are infection, such as meningitis. People with meningitis could have bad headaches with neck rigidity. They could also have photophobia which is sensitivity to light. People at risk are those who live in dorm rooms or crowded places. It is also associated with a fever. The other thing to rule out is a bleed in the head from a ruptured vessel. These can also cause neck pain from blood irritation. Also, if you were involved in an trauma such as from sports, you should also be ruled out for any head injuries. You should see your doctor right away if possible. If your symptoms worsen or if you have any weakness, fatigue, fevers, seizures, dilated pupils, vision changes, or any other neurological signs, you should go to your local emergency room.

• Dr. Ashima Bakhru
    Dr. Ashima Bakhru MD
    145 E 32nd St.
    New York, NY 10016
  • Dr. John Adams
    Dr. John Adams MD
    119 5th Avenue
    New York, NY 10003
  • Dr. Halina Stec
    Dr. Halina Stec MD
    332 E. 30th Street
    New York, NY 10016