ZocdocAnswersAfter having an std, how fast can I get pregnant?

Question

After having an std, how fast can I get pregnant?

Right after having an std how fasted can you get pregnant? And can you get pregnant while having (chly,chyl) ? You know what Iam talg about

Answer

Thank you very much for your question. I suggest you see your primary care physician or your gynecologist. Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted illness caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. It often begins in the cervix but has the potential to travel up the genitourinary system and affect the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. In severe cases, it can become pelvic inflammatory disease wherein there is widespread inflammation of the pelvis. If severe enough, it can also affect the liver and cause what is known as Fitz Hugh Curtis syndrome. Chlamydia is often associated with gonorrhea, another sexually transmitted illness that is caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrheae. It is common to treat for both bugs simultaneously due to their high incidence of co-infection. While pelvic inflammatory disease is known to contribute to decreased fertility rates, having a sexually transmitted infection does not prevent pregnancy. It is possible to become pregnant while you have a sexually transmitted illness or anytime thereafter. Having a baby while being infected with a sexually transmitted illness increases the baby's chance of developing an infection with the same organism and it could adversely affect the child's development. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a doctor. Again, I suggest you see your primary care physician or your gynecologist for further discussion about your condition and concerns.