ZocdocAnswersHow can I treat throat acne?

Question

How can I treat throat acne?

I m having throt ache and I wanted to ask you that can I take azithro 500 and ambrolite D I M ALERGIC TO SULPHUR AND SPAS ZYNE

Answer

Thanks for this question. A sore throat is a common complaint, and one that almost all of us will have to deal with at some point. I recommend that you speak with your doctor. Generally speaking, in almost all cases, antibiotics are not necessary. In fact, a salt water gargle can be one of the most effective things that can be done to relieve the pain of a sore throat, and is readily available for most people. In addition to this, most cultures have various home remedies including warm teas and other things that can help to relieve the symptoms that you may be experiencing. Most of these are effective to one degree or another, although you should exercise prudence if you have a medical condition that may be affected by what you are using. If your symptoms have persisted beyond a few days or are so severe that you are not able to take in adequate food or drink, it is appropriate to speak with your doctor. He or she will be able to tell you if your symptoms are most likely due to an infection or if there is some other cause. Other common causes include post nasal drip and reflux. Please speak with your doctor more about this question.