Do I have an autoimmune disease?

At the beginning of the year I did blood work and the results showed I was positive for Ana and my titters were 1:80 with homogeneous and speckle pattern. I saw a rheumatologist.she said my titers are low and checked my reflexes, everything seemed to be fine. Lately, I'm experiencing body aches throughout the day, tiredness, mood swings and sweating/ feeling hot at nights. I redid my blood test the Ana ifa,w/rf titer was positive again with the same titers and patterns. My lupus panel was positive but with a 1:160 titer and homogeneous pattern. I'm not exactly sure what's going on..
From the information that you have provided, it is not possible for me to tell if you have an autoimmune disease. I recommend that you schedule an appointment with your doctor soon. An antinuclear antibody test (ANA) is a test to look for a sign of autoimmune disease, but does not confirm autoimmune disease. Both of your titers are low, and thus they could just be incidental which is common. The next step is to get additional testing to see if any of your other antibodies are positive that might suggest conditions such as lupus, scleroderma, Sjogrens disease, rheumatoid arthritis, among others. In addition, your doctor should perform a detailed physical exam to look for signs of inflamed joints, skin findings, and other physical findings and be suggestive of an autoimmune disease. Finally, you would need to have additional blood work to look for the signs of active inflammation in your body. More specifically, you should have been ESR and CRP. If these two tests are significantly high, then it is likely that you do have some type of autoimmune disease in the setting of having a positive ANA. If they are low, and your symptoms are not likely due to an autoimmune or inflammatory disease. For this additional testing, you should schedule an appointment with a rheumatologist soon.

Other Rheumatologists