Is it possible nodules disappear and should I be concerned?

Is it possible nodules disappear and should I be concerned? CT also showed CAD. Had an MI on June 3 with a 100% lesion in the Left Circumflex with a stent placement. Had another stent placement 3 weeks later in the RCA as it was 90% lesion. The Chest CT showed the RUL lesion measuring 3mm. Repeat CT the other night showed no RUL lesion but a 3mm nodule on the LUL and a 4mm nodule on the LLL. Should I be concerned?
Pulmonary nodules are a very common phenomenon and for the most part represent benign scars from previous infections or spots from current infections. Because infections are common, pulmonary nodules are also common. Unfortunately, pulmonary nodules are also potential signs of an early lung cancer. Thus I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a pulmonologist for the pulmonary nodules. This is especially true in patients that have a long smoking history or those that have worked for a significant amount of time in places with specific exposures such as a coal mine. The fact that the initial CT scan showed a right upper lobe lesion that subsequently resolved means that this was probably just a sign of a minor infection. Because the left upper lobe lesion is new, it will probably need to be followed with another CT scan perhaps in three or six months. Since it is less than 10 mm, it does not need biopsy right now unless it has other suspicious features. The same is true for the left lower lobe lesion. Statistically, these are not likely to be cancer but the purpose of the follow-up CT is to make sure that it does not grow or develop features that are concerning for cancer. Obviously, you will need continued follow-up for the coronary artery disease as well. Again, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a pulmonologist for the pulmonary nodules.

Other Pulmonologists