ZocdocAnswersWhy do I bleed after exercise?

Question

Why do I bleed after exercise?

I walk for 30 minutes & after I start bleeding it's light & it last about 2 hours the I exercise the more I bleed why?

Answer

Sorry to hear about your problem and i recommend that you discuss it with your doctor. Obviously, the first question is where the bleeding is coming from. Rectal bleeding or urinary bleeding would obviously have different causes than vaginal bleeding, which has its own set of possible answers. For the sake of this discussion, we will focus on vaginal bleeding. Abnormal bleeding at times other than during the menstrual cycle can be due to a number of factors. The uterus can be one likely cause. There are a number of tumors that can be in the uterus and can bleed. Some of these are benign and others of these are malignant, but all should be discussed with your doctor. In addition to tumors, there are changes to the lining of the uterus that can result in bleeding and may require some treatment as well. Moving down the tract, cervical bleeding can also be a part of the potential answer. Friable cervical mucosa can come from infections, tumors, trauma and other factors, and some of these can be very serious. Other possible areas for bleeding include the vaginal cavity as well, which can be prone to a number of different problems ranging from infections to trauma to tumors. Again, please speak with your doctor.