It feels like I have something under my skin, what could it be?

A few days ago a had a rising come up on the bottom of my stomach and then I noticed something to the side of it. It starts at the bottom of my stomach and goes up a few inches. Its very red and is extremely painful. It feels like something similar to what a straw would feel like under a cloth. Since then I've been feeling sick to my stomach.
Sorry to hear about this problem. It is hard for me to understand exactly what you are describing, and so I would advise you to discuss this with your doctor who will be able to complete a physical exam and get you the help that you need. When you describe a swelling and some redness, it makes me at least think about infection, as those are two of the cardinal signs of inflammation that can sometimes come with infection. Of course, there are many other things that can cause these symptoms as well, and so it will be important to discuss these symptoms with your doctor.

Other Surgeons