ZocdocAnswersCan vaginal mucus increase its consistency during sex?

Question

Can vaginal mucus increase its consistency during sex?

i dont know if the condom broke, because on the outside, there was a fluid with a consistency that seems more like man fluids

Answer

The quality and consistency of vaginal fluid can vary depending on age and timing during the menstrual cycle. Sexual arousal increases the quantity of vaginal secretions and can change the consistency as well. This may also vary with your menstrual cycle, which may be why sometimes you might have more vaginal secretions during sex than others. You can check if the condom broke by examining it and filling it with water to see if it leaks. If no water seeps out, what you were seeing was probably vaginal secretions. However, if you are worried or have any doubts, I would strongly recommend seeing your doctor to get tested for sexually transmitted infections and to discuss whether you could be pregnant. On a different note, if you continue to be sexually active, I would also discuss other forms of contraception with your doctor. Condoms are important because they are the only form of contraception that protects against sexually transmitted infections. However, they can be difficult to use correctly and can be unreliable, and consequently I would recommend that you use an additional form of birth control to help prevent pregnancy. There are many options for this, including the birth control pill and an IUD (intrauterine device), that are easy to use and are very reliable. I would recommend that you discuss these options with your doctor and figure out which option is the best for you.