My chest starts to hurt and it's hard to breath. What should I do?

My chest starts to hurt and it's hard to breath near my neck and almost at the center of my breast. it starts to hurt any time of the day expecually when i get excited. i have gone to dr.s, ER, ect.... and all have said same nothing! i even had an MRI
It is strongly recommended that you talk to your primary care physician. There are a wide variety of causes of both chest pain and difficulty breathing. Some underlying illnesses can cause one symptom or the other, and some disease processes can cause both. The likelihood of any one disease varies greatly with age and past medical history, and since we don't have this information it is difficult to speak about the likelihood of the different illnesses in your case. Diseases of the lung such as a pneumonia or bronchitis can cause chest discomfort and difficulty breathing. Heart disease such as coronary artery disease (from atherosclerosis or spasm of the arteries), pericarditis (inflammation of the sac that holds the heart), and abnormal heart rhythms can also cause chest discomfort and difficulty breathing. Less serious conditions such as musculoskeletal pains (strained or inflamed chest wall muscles) could also be the culprit. Lastly, panic attacks in the setting of heightened emotions or stress can certainly mimic organic disease and cause symptoms of chest pain and shortness of breath. Without knowing for sure what tests you have gotten and what the results were, it is hard to comment further on the possibility of the conditions listed above. Generally, a thorough medical history, physical exam, basic electrocardiogram (EKG), chest x-ray and basic blood work can diagnose most of the conditions noted above. Again, It is strongly recommended that you talk to your primary care physician about what can be done to establish a diagnosis and initiate a treatment plan, especially if you continue to experience these symptoms.

Other Cardiologists