What should I do if I cut myself while shaving my pubic hair?

Well this is my second time ever shaving down there and tonight I just couldn't do it right and I didn't know what to do so I continued on shaving then I shaved against the grain for a few strokes and it felt like the hairs were very hard/tough but I kept going through the pain but now (5 minutes later I've started to bleed in several 100 spots help what do I do :'( please help me
That is a great question and one that would best be answered by your primary care doctor or another medical professional as he or she will be able to evaluate you and decide upon the appropriate treatment strategy geared towards your specific complaints. It is important that when you shave any area of the body, that you do it in a gentle manner and avoid cutting yourself as best as possible. You can consider using pre-shaving treatments, such as shaving oil or shaving creams, taking a hot shower prior to shaving to soften the skin. If you are using one type of razor, that isn't working well, you can consider electric shavers. Regardless, it is important that you are evaluated by a doctor at this time because there is a risk with so many cuts that one of them may become infected and this can become a serious issue, especially when it occurs in the genital region. Your doctor may suggest something topical to put on the area to soothe the pain and also sterilize it to avoid infection. It is also recommended that you keep the area clean and dry to avoid infections at this point.

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251