Is it safe to put castor oil in hair while nursing?

I purchased castor oil U.S.P to put in my hair, but I read that if your nursing you should not use it as a laxative. I want to put it in my hair but I wanted ti make sure it was safe to do so
Thanks for your question, I recommend that you speak with your doctor about your concern. Castor oil is an ancient remedy for a variety of ailments. It is effective for a number of different conditions according to some, but is not used to any great degree in Western medicine that is taught and practiced today. Historically, some women have taken castor oil to induce pregnancy. When used externally, some of it's chemicals are absorbed into the bloodstream, and may induce certain effects. For the most part, these effects are poorly described in the medical literature. As there may be some circumstances that are unique to you and your pregnancy, it would be wise to speak with your doctor before you begin to use this product. He or she may have some recommendations. Again, please speak with your doctor.