ZocdocAnswersWhat could cause random pains sometimes in my abdomen?

Question

What could cause random pains sometimes in my abdomen?

I Get These Random Pains Sometimes Sharp Or Not That Sharp But I Get It A Lot In My Abdomen . And Below My Ribs Above The Abdomen And By The Belly Button

Answer

That is a great question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or other medical care provider. The list of causes for the symptoms you have described is very long, and it is difficult to know the exact cause in your situation as there is no information about your age, gender, or other comorbidities. That being said, here are some causes of pain in the abdomen that are fairly common and may be the cause of the symptoms you have. Of course, your doctor will be able to look at your specific history and physical examination and have a better idea of what the cause of these symptoms is. They can then decide whether further diagnostic tests are required and whether any treatment is warranted. Based upon the symptoms, it could be a normal symptom that you are having, it could be related to something that you have eaten that is causing you some irritation within the GI tract, it could be that you have an upset stomach, diarrhea or constipation, or something serious such as a bowel obstruction, although it is difficult to know from the limited history. For these reasons, it is important that you see a doctor.