What should I do about an ankle sprain?

i twisted my ankle month ago , it is still swelling and painful specially when i go down from stairs or try to sit on the ground which make me cry some times ,it's also so freezing and when i come back of uni after long day it being swelling more and more what should i do ?
This is a good question. It is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. Depending on what your doctor discovers during your exam, he or she may decide to order imaging of your ankle, such as an x-ray. Were you evaluated by a physician after the initial injury? If so, did you follow the medical advice that you were given? For an ankle sprain, general recommendations are to rest the ankle for a short time and then start gentle stretching and rehab exercised (such as tracing out the letters of the alphabet with your foot), icing your ankle often, especially after activity, wearing an ankle brace for compression and support, and keeping it elevated to reduce swelling. If you have no contraindications by your doctor, you can take an over the counter pain medication such as tylenol or ibuprofen when the pain is bad. I am not sure what you mean by the last sentence about it being freezing and "come back of uni". Please make an appointment with your doctor or orthopedist as soon as possible to discuss this and obtain a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment.