Do I have an STD?

I have a red bump about 5mm on the top of my penis, it's been there about 2 weeks now and when I squeeze it puss and a bit of blood comes ou,t I am a Virgin and have never had oral sex, could this be an std and what do I need to do to get rid of it?
Thank you for your question regarding the lesion on your penis. I can understand why you might be concerned about this genital lesion and I recommend that you speak with your primary care doctor. However, if you have never engaged in sexual intercourse or oral sex, there is no possible way that you may have contracted a sexually transmitted disease. A sexually transmitted disease, by definition, is an illness contracted through sexual interaction with a male or female. Therefore, I can tell you that you do not have a sexually transmitted disease. As to other possible sources of this lesion, I would consider benign causes such as a simple pimple. As with the skin on your face or back, the skin on your penis can be susceptible to small infectious or inflammatory bumps that will clear on their own. If, however, you have had any interaction that may have led to transmission of an STD, there are diseases that are important to consider. Examples include syphilis, genital herpes, and genital warts. These can all present with red bumps on the genitals. However, there is no way to definitively know the source of your genital lesion without being able to visually inspect it in person. Again, I encourage you to visit your primary care doctor.

• Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723