What can I take to make my throat better?

I vomited 7 times today. My throat feels like it's swollen. It's so hard for me to swallow! I can't eat or drink because it hurts way too much! It's really hard for me to talk because that also hurt! I feel like I'm going to starve! I threw up everything that was in my stomach and I haven't eaten since last night. What can I do?
So sorry to hear about your current condition and I recommend that you speak with your doctor regarding your concern. It sounds very painful and I am sorry to hear that you are doing so poorly. The most important thing in this situation is to make sure that you stay hydrated. While being hungry can make you feel miserable, vomiting and not being able to drink anything can cause some serious medical problems. One easy way for some adults to check their hydration status is by making sure that you urinate at least every 8 hours, and then examining the color of your urine. If it is very dark, then you need to drink more to make sure that you do not have other problems that can be caused by dehydration. If you are at risk of this being a problem, then you need to speak with your doctor to make sure that you are well. For your specific problem, there are many different sprays that are available over the counter and can be used to help relieve your throat pain for a short amount of time, and there are lozenges that can also provide some relief. Please speak with your doctor about your specific questions and situation to make sure you are well.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024