ZocdocAnswersCould I be experiencing implantation bleeding?

Question

Could I be experiencing implantation bleeding?

I had my period from the 13th to the 16th which is 3 days shorter than normal and about 2 days ago Inoticed a few reddish brown spots on my panties.Not sure if it could be implantation bleeding but I definitely have some irregularity and not sure if I need to go to the doctor or not. My husband and I have been trying and hoping we got it this time

Answer

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to tell whether this bleeding you had was due to implantation. I recommend that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or OB/GYN. Generally implantation bleeding occurs about eight days after conception. Thus, if you had a completely normal and regular cycle, you should expect this implantation bleeding to occur approximately 24 days after the beginning of your previous period. implantation bleeding is usually very light usually described as just spotting and it is often for only one day. However, it can sometimes be significant enough to trick a woman and thinking she had a very light period leading her to believe that she is not pregnant. The good news is that if you have just experienced is bleeding, and if you are pregnant you will definitely have a positive pregnancy test. Thus, the simplest thing for you to do is to go to the grocery store or pharmacy and buy a home pregnancy test. These are usually quite accurate. The other option, which you should probably consider doing anyway, is for you to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or OB/GYN. This way you can obtain a pregnancy test in the office to make sure that you are or are not pregnant. Good luck.