Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"What can I do to stop the noise in my mind?"

ZocdocAnswersWhat can I do to stop the noise in my mind?


im 19 a girl just started uni have constant ringing in my ears mind feels like its racing like i cant control it and i cant get to sleep because thoughts are too distracting telling me things i dont want to hear


Thanks for your question and so sorry to hear about your problems. You have a number of different issues that are affecting you, and you need to speak with someone about your problems soon to get the help that you need. First, voices in your head are something that can be a very serious issue and needs to be treated immediately. This is especially true if the voices are telling you to do things, as this can be life threatening. Please call your doctor, go to the emergency room, call 911, or at least speak with a loved one and get further help immediately. As for the other problems that you have, they, too, can be treated. There are medications that can help to calm a racing mind and help you to focus better. Some of these same medications can help lessen the problem of the ringing in your ears. Your doctor will also be able to help you to know if all of these symptoms are related, as they very well could be. There are some conditions that affect almost every part of your well being, and some mental health problems are like that. Please speak with your doctor and get help now.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.