Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I feel like I am sweating on the Inside of my body, what could it be?"

ZocdocAnswersI feel like I am sweating on the Inside of my body, what could it be?


Hi, I am an 18 year old male with no pre existing heart conditions. For the last few hours, I feel as though I have been sweating or leaking a fluid on the inside of the left side of my body (right side if you were looking at me). I have felt this before but only once and the feeling subsided rather quickly. I have also had a slight pain (like a jolt) right near my heart in the past half hour. I think it may just be heart burn but I don't know, and I think I am beginning to have a panic attack over this. My heart has had a very strong beat and a fairly regular pulse during these events. Thank-You


So sorry to hear about the symptoms that you are describing. The seriousness of your condition depends to a great degree on the past medical history that you may have, ie, if you have had problems with your heart in the past, you are much more likely to be having problems currently. Otherwise healthy people can certainly have rare and serious conditions, but these are generally, by definition, rare. In your specific case, it is hard to say what is causing the symptoms, so I recommend that you speak with your doctor. Your doctor will be able to ask more questions and complete a physical exam that will allow him or her to make sure that you do not have a serious medical condition. There may be some additional testing that he or she may feel is necessary to make sure that you are well. Heart burn, or esophageal reflux disease, is quite common and can be associated with eating spicy foods, caffeine, alcohol, or other things. Panic attacks can be common for some people, and are very treatable if intervention is provided in a prompt fashion. Speaking with your doctor about the symptoms that you are describing is appropriate, so please speak with your doctor soon.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.