ZocdocAnswersHow can I remove a pink patch on my face?

Question

How can I remove a pink patch on my face?

Recently, I have a pink/red spot on my face. On the oustide it gets dry and it looks wrinkle. I dont know what is it and I want to remove it as soon as possible

Answer

Before we can remove the spot, we should know what it is and how long it has been there. I recommend that you speak with your doctor. If it is something that just showed up in the last week, we will obviously be inclined to be less aggressive about treating it unless it is something more serious, ie, unless there are more concerning details about the spot than what you are providing currently. If a spot has been slowly growing for months or years, it is perhaps more important to get some more prompt treatment, as this would seem to indicate that it is something that may not go away by itself. Pink and dry spots on the face can be due to skin irregularities such as problems known as eczema. In eczema, the outer layer of the skin does not mature properly, and the skin can end up rough, scratchy, cracked, and even painful. There are many treatments available, but these should be used under the guidance of a physician. There are infections and other things that can also present as a patch on the face, however, and so it is important not to jump to conclusions. In some cases, a dermatologist may be necessary. Again, please speak with your doctor.