Why do I have lumps on my scalp? Is it because of the shampoo I use?

I have a series of lumps on like almost the whole of my head, and they get itchy sometimes, they hurt sometimes and also has those dried skin which I always have the tendency to pluck it out. I'm kind of freaking out as I used to have it and it cured awhile ago but it came back. I have been using different kinds of shampoo on and off, so I was wondering if it was my shampoo that caused it. Also, recently I went swimming. Before that, I didn't have these lumps happening again. Help?
Thank you very much for your question. It is not uncommon to have an itchy scalp with associated bumps, but these can have a variety of causes that depends on your particular health history and risk factors. I suggest that you consult with your physician for a thorough physical examination. You should be sure to tell your doctor about when you first noticed itching, flaking, bumps. If you notice it gets worse or better with certain schedules, ointments, shampoos/conditioners. You should also discuss your other medical conditions, medications, and allergies. You may have a simple case of contact dermatitis depending on the types of shampoo you are using. Contact dermatitis is inflammation of your skin that occurs from contact with an offending substance. People have reactions to different substances. You could have tinea corporis, a common fungal infection of the scalp that can cause itching, hair loss, and kerions. You may have scalp psoriasis, an autoimmune condition that causes drying of the scalp with white scaly patches and flakes. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a physician. Please schedule an evaluation with your primary care doctor or dermatologist for further evaluation to receive a diagnosis and potential management strategies.